Twitter is noisy.
The more followers you get (which is the point, right?) the noisier it becomes. It’s almost a sort of cruel joke as the more followers you get, the harder it becomes to keep up with everyone.
Some Twitter “power users” have even gone so far as to suggest that Twitter start to employ some of the same tactics Facebook uses..in other words..control who see’s your content and what content you are allowed to see.
With the tools Twitter has made available to its users, I really don’t see the need for Twitter to start manipulating the news feeds.
There is a simple way for you to slow down that timeline and never miss a tweet from the people you want to pay attention to.
Enter the Twitter List.
Creating a list on Twitter is not only fast and easy, it’s a great way to make sure you never miss anything from the people or brands you add to those lists.
This short video below will walk you step by step how to set up a list on Twitter.Now Watching: How To Create A Twitter List. A step by step video guide! Click To Tweet
For those of you who prefer the written version, the step by step instructions follow the video.
How To Create A List On Twitter
1. Log in to your Twitter account.
2. Click on the “profile and settings” (usually your avatar) in the upper right hand portion of the screen.
3. From the drop down menu, choose “lists”.
4. On the following screen, scroll to where it says “create a new list”
5. Name your list, add a description, and choose public or private.
Note: People you add to the list you create will be notified by Twitter that you added them to a list. Be mindful of this when naming your lists!
Also, a public list will be visible to anyone who visits your profile page. A private list will only be visible to you, and is a great setting for close friends and family members.
How To Add People To A Twitter List
1. Find a person you would like to add and click to be taken to their profile summary.
2. Click the small gear icon.
3. From the drop down menu, click “add or remove from lists”
4. In the pop up window, select the list you want to add that person too by clicking the radio button.
5. Close the window and that person will be added to the list you selected automatically.
Again, please remember that the people you add to lists will be notified! Keep this in mind when naming your lists.
As far as I know there is no limit to the amount of lists you are allowed to have, which really opens up your options. You can create multiple lists for different interests using the steps above!
Related Post: 3 Quick Twitter Tips For Getting More Traffic
I hope this helps!
To YOUR Success!